July 15, 2018
Does the condition of your smile matter? According to recent studies, one-third of the new people you meet will notice how your teeth look before anything else. That means that a major part of the lasting impression you make will be the aesthetics of your smile. If you have imperfections, you could be left to feel uncomfortable and less confident. Thankfully, there’s a way to achieve the look you’ve always wanted with a smile makeover from your cosmetic dentist in Athens. Read on to learn how it works.
The Reasons for a Smile Makeover
A smile makeover is a cosmetic procedure that incorporates a combination of cosmetic treatments to leave you looking and feeling like a new person. Here are three specific reasons to consider this route:
- Crooked Teeth – One of the problems with having crooked teeth is that it makes your oral hygiene harder to perform. Thus, correcting this will provide more than just a nice smile.
- Gaps Between Teeth – Whether it’s one or many, gaps between the teeth can be bothersome. There are several treatments available to address them, from braces to porcelain veneers.
- Broken or Chipped Teeth – When a broken or chipped tooth is corrected, it gives you a much better-looking smile and protects you from such problems as further weakening of the tooth and vulnerability to infection.
Common Smile Makeover Treatments
Your dentist in Athens may incorporate the following treatments into your smile makeover process:
- Invisalign – Using clear, plastic trays, the Invisalign method corrects bite issues in a rapid and discreet manner.
- Teeth Whitening – Your dentist uses professional-strength whiteners to brighten your teeth by up to eight shades.
- Porcelain Veneers – Made from porcelain, veneers are thin shells that fit over your teeth in the smile zone and mask imperfections.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – A great alternative to amalgam fillings (which leave you with a mouth full of metal) are tooth-colored fillings. They provide the same functional benefits without detracting from the look of your smile.
How Long Does a Smile Makeover Take?
The time needed for a smile makeover procedure depends on the amount of work you need done. On average, though, it takes a few weeks to plan and coordinate the different treatment methods. The actual work can span a few weeks or months depending on the complexity of the plan.
The process starts with a visit to your local dentist for your smile to be assessed and to express what your desired look is. From there, your dentist will begin to form a plan that will have you looking and feeling like a new person!
About the Author
Dr. J. Benjamin Patrick earned his dental degree from the Medical College of Georgia and has gone on to provide the city of Athens with expert care for over forty years. Additionally, he serves as a visiting faculty member at the L.D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Education while still pursuing continuing education hours annually. Dr. Patrick produces beautiful smiles and happy patients at Advanced Dentistry of Athens and can be reached for more information through his website.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.